I just read about creation - isn't it beautiful that God has left us with a story on how He created everything?
For several years I taught grade 5 & 6 Sunday School. Every two years when the topic of creation came up (the curriculum switched back and forth every two years) I challenged my students to "create their own world". Some created alien planets, sometimes their worlds look much like ours, others were beyond creative and very bizarre. It was amazing to see the things they created for their own world. After they finished drawing a picture of their world I had them explain their world to the class. Most did this by pointing to each thing they'd drawn on the page and explaining WHY they drew it - everything had a purpose in their worlds, they didn't just draw things to add to the paper, they drew it for a reason.
The passage I read today reminded me that God created everything, and has a purpose for it. He didn't just "plop" something together and wait for something to happen - He had a design, a purpose, an intent. He made everything for a reason - which makes every flower, stupid mosquito and person very special.
God created me for a reason.
That gives me a lot of peace, but it's also a great responsibility. I really hope God is proud of me - His creation - and that I'm serving the purpose He created me for.
I am SURE God is VERY proud of you, Amy! :) And so am I!
ReplyDelete