One Sunday at church a little boy and I were talking about Niagara Falls. He had just been there with his family and was telling me how amazing it was. He told me about how strong the water was, how much water there was, and how many rainbows he saw. Then he asked me where do the rainbows come from. I wondered if I should give him the scientific answer or the good answer. So I told him about God's promise to us.
I won't try to understand God, how He works or thinks....but the passage I read today was interesting - it talks about God the way you'd describe a person - saying He smells and "says to Himself" (Genesis 8:21). It's like God realized at that moment that the flood is something He never wants to do again and He makes a decision to promise this to us - using a rainbow.

It's amazing that God cares this much about us. He thinks about us and loves and respects us enough to make a promise with us.
When you see a rainbow what do you think "wow, the light is bending" or "wow, thanks God for your promises"?
(I'm skipping so much sweet stuff that's discussed in E100 because I don't want to write essays here - but the book has some great stuff to say about how Noah acted when He got out of the ark, and the fact that the flood didn't rid the world of sin...unfortunately. This isn't a "plug" this is a serious "you've got to read this book")
Rainbows are so beautiful. And I LOVE God's Promise that he will restore us even in all our brokenness! I really wanna read the book! :)
ReplyDelete