I just finished reading the story about Abram and Sarai's trip to Egypt when they pretended to be siblings.
It seems ridiculous - but my husband reminded me that it's not the only time this happens in the Bible. So I head to trusty Wikipedia (my professors would never allow us to use this website for research, but I read somewhere that it's more accurate then Encyclopedia Britannica because it's updated so often!). After doing some reading on "Wife-sister narratives in Genesis" I realize this must have seemed like a good idea to these men (Abram, Abraham (same man, does it TWICE...genius) and Isaac). Though all three times God comes in makes it known that this isn't cool (He has never liked adultery).
These great men weren't always perfect. The Bible is full of stories of great people, who were not perfect. Yet even when we take detours - God always is ready to help make our path straight.
No comments:
Post a Comment