Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Reading 7 - He Feels Your Pain

My boss is awesome....if you know him you'll laugh and agree.  He always has BIG plans for SU Sportz - the reason our ministry is so amazing is because he isn't afraid to dream big.  Sometimes he will share his newest plan with me and I smile and nod, while thinking to myself "this sounds crazy and I don't know how we're going to do this".  But I trust him and know he can make these things happen. So instead of telling him "no way" I ask him "so, what do you want me to do next?".  I find it's sometimes easier to take it step by step, rather than trying to understand the entire plan.

I just read about a time when God came to Abram, and reveals His big plans for Abram's life.  God promises him lots of children (he actually says "count the stars, if you are able to count them...Your offspring will be that [numerous]" Genesis 15:5 HCSB).  Sounds great - but when you're in a situation where your wife can't have any children, it must have seemed pretty crazy. But the next verse tells us that Abram believed this promise. 

Sometimes I wish God would tell me his entire plan for my life - but sometimes I wonder how would I respond if I knew the big picture?  Maybe it's better that we don't know everything and just take it one step at a time.

1 comment:

  1. That's the hardest part, I find. Just TRUSTING in God that He has our future in the palm of His Hand and taking it one step at a time. It reminds me of Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust the Lord with ALL your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in ALL your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path" <3

    ReplyDelete