I hit a wall with this whole Jacob and Esau thing. I didn't know how to share my thoughts about the whole reconciliation between the two of them because I didn't know enough about them to make a judgment (well...to be honest after reading about the two of them I wasn't a huge fan of Jacob, but I wasn't about to write that up in a blog seeing as he is a big deal and all). So I began to read more about them to gain a better understanding and then....
Something really exciting happened that changed how I do the E100 Challenge. The Essential Bible Guide (Canadian Edition) arrived at SU Canada (what an exciting day! you can see pictures here) and there was finally more than one book in the office! So my husband (Jani) and I took up the challenge together, making it part of our devotions together. Every night after dinner we head to the couch to do "The E100" and take turns reading the passages and guide together. It's so great to do it together because it now truly has become a daily routine and I can now share my experience with him.
I'm no longer going to write this blog for each and every reading. I just don't have the time and I don't want to make this challenge a chore by feeling I need to blog everyday. Instead I'll share things I come across that really interest me. For those of you interested in what I'm reading (the Bible and The Essential Bible Guide) you can purchase your own guide at www.e100challenge.ca (americans - it's .com for you!) I seriously encourage you to...I've recommended it to so many people already. This challenge is giving me a fresh look and appreciation for Bible stories I thought I knew inside and out ex. yesterday after we finished devotions I definitely read ahead on the story of Joseph to read how he reveals himself to his brothers after years apart. I knew the ending (from Sunday School, and from Joseph and The Technical Coloured Dream Coat - a musical I LOVED as a child) but still wanted to read ahead just because I was so interested....I'll share about our experience with the Joseph story next...
Amy great job on the blog. Thanks for inviting more people to rad God's word. Blessings Bruce
ReplyDelete