I mentioned in the last blog that I was so excited to read the end of Joseph's story that I read ahead one day. The beauty of revisiting classic stories is that you develop a different appreciation for the story. It's like watching Shrek as a child and thinking it's awesome, then growing up and watching it again and realizing there's all this great stuff that you didn't get as a child - because it went right over your head. That's what I'm discovering now with the E100.
I was excited to read about Joseph's reconciliation with his brothers -when he reveals himself to them. Genesis 45:8 "It was not you who sent me here, but God" is a beautiful line that shows Joseph gets it. The poor guy (and his family) went through many rough times - sold into slavery, leaving his home, learning a new language and being thrown into prison). Yet if he hadn't experienced those rough times he wouldn't have gotten to where God wanted him to be.
God has never promised that life would be easy. However He promises to always be with you. I know that life won't always be easy and wonderful - but I'm okay with that. My lows have helped shape me into the person I am today. They have led me to where God wants me - just as they led Joseph to where God wanted him.
No comments:
Post a Comment