We just read Exodus 19:1-20:21. You should go read it to fully follow me. (I'm sure you know the story - but I've been saying that since day one and continually discovering new things).
God decides He is going to come to Moses and the Israelites. It is an intense passage - where you see God is such a rich, scary, big, intense way. Yet at the same time you see how much love He has for us.
This reading today reminded me that God is HOLY. I know this - but how often do I stop to think about HOW amazing and holy, great and mighty, big and powerful God is? Do I always give God the respect He is worthy of? Do I always stop to think how truly blessed I am to be able to even just SAY His name - let alone call on Him for help. When I pray, do I realize that I am talking to the creator of the universe?
The amazing thing about this passage is how God - in all His greatness - took the time to come to us...and then to give us rules. When we speak to children about rules at SU Sportz Camps we never share them in a negative way - because rules are given for ones benefit. Rules are actually a good thing. God cared enough to give us rules so that we could be happier, safer and closer to Him.
I appreciate that I can call Him Father and Friend - but at the same time He is my King, Lord and my God. I never want to forget how amazing and great and holy God is.
Today's reading was powerful.
No comments:
Post a Comment