Monday, March 21, 2011

Moses - An encounter with God

Reading 17 was powerful.  We read about how Moses encounters God - through a burning, talking bush.  I really like how Whitney Kuniholm puts it "Many people over the centuries have tried to find God in all sorts of ways.  That desire is certainly good, but as Moses discovered, God is already there.  He's present everywhere, and he's waiting for us.  The real question is, do we really want to meet him...and on his terms?" (The Essential Bible Guide).

As we've seen so far (and I'm sure will continue to see) our plans/desires/expectations are not always the same as Gods.  God called Moses (a timid man) to bring an entire nation out of slavery, He called David (a little kid) to bring down a giant, and He continues to call people to do things they never would sign up for (or expect to be able to do).

Am I ready for an encounter with God?  Am I prepared for what may happen and what He may ask me to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment